C++ : Create an Easy to Use Parallel Processing Example
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $200
- Alınan Girdiler: 1
- Kazanan: RagaiAwad
** SUMMARY **
This project will involve editing a simple C++ code to make it run in parallel. Your goal will be to make it as simple to use and understand as possible. More specifically you will be completing the following tasks:
* Include any necessary files.
* A function to return how many cores/threads the machine can run simultaneously.
* Loop-run a function in parallel.
* Tell a specific thread to exit its current loop-run and wait for other threads.
* Return the number of threads still running inside the current loop-run.
* Return the ID of 'this' thread. ID's must start at zero.
* Ability to lock and unlock specific areas inside of functions so that only one thread can access those areas at a time while other threads wait.
* Ensure the above points are implemented in a simple, tidy and easy manner suitable for programming beginners in a way that closely resembles the example provided.
* You will submit the completed project as a .cpp file with instructions to get the project running (in case there is any VS setup necessary).
* The example .cpp file can be downloaded from the attached files.
** HOW THE EXAMPLE WORKS **
The example provided is a simple program that contains a function run_simulation() which will generate a random number and save the number to a highscore variable if it hits a record. The run_simulation() function will be run by separate threads, all competing to find the highest number.
** CONDITIONS OF THE PROJECT **
* The award will be released to the winner after I have received the readable code and it has been tested and deemed working by myself to a satisfactory level and meets the project requirements.
* You have advanced experience in both C++ and parallel processing.
Thank you for reading.
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“Wonderful working with Ragai :)”
Bu yarışmadan başlıca girdiler