Conceptual Design of a Beachfront Villa in a Healing Resort in North Bali
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $1008
- Alınan Girdiler: 4
- Kazanan: yadisudjana
We are developing a beach resort in Pemuteran, North Bali, Indonesia on a property of 20.000 m2 with approx. 350 m beachfront. The property faces sunset (west) and features several volcanoes of East Java as backdrop. The ocean is very calm as we are in a protected bay. Good swimming and snorkeling, with corals and fish.
We have attached a masterplan for the resort to illustrate the entire project.
What we are looking for is the conceptual design of ONE of the beachfront bungalows (A1 - A8 on the masterplan), not the entire resort.
The purpose of the resort is:"Creating Space for Awareness and Expansion of Consciousness'
The architecture can be described as: light and airy, maximizing natural air circulation, based on green technology, using low energy appliances
Here is a more detailed brief for designing the beachfront bungalow:
1. orientation is towards west / sunset
2. interior space is large enough to have extra bedding for two adults/children besides the king size bed
3. bathroom is partly al fresco (Bali style open bathrooms)
4. the box that is housing the bedroom, dressing, bathroom can have a very modern, clean look and using materials like concrete, steel, wood, glass, ... We imagine it floating above ground, detached from earth
5. the box is then partly wrapped / covered by a second skin that is organic in shape and thus helps integrate the bungalow into the existing landscape and softens the harder edges of the box below. The second skin could be built out of steel, canvas, wood, etc. It provides protection against the sund or rain where needed. The second skin is partly open, maybe partly transparent, etc. We imagine it like a leaf that floats over the box.
6. Lighting becomes very important element in design here. The second skin will glow at night in a warm light and illuminate the space around and above the box.
The designs submitted should be 3 D renderings of the bungalow showing it from various angles, both at daylight as well as at night.
Note that at this stage we are not interested in detailed architectural drawings but only in conceptual renderings of the proposed idea.
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“Yadi Sudjana did a great job and was very dedicated and understood what I wanted.”