Design a t-shirt for our LGBTQ Tennis Team
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $100
- Alınan Girdiler: 17
- Kazanan: polkurakina
Hey designers. We are a San Francisco-based tennis team playing in an LGBTQ league and would like to have a t-shirt design for our team. We have a very specific design "idea" in mind:
- Keith Haring-based design. We have a loose theme of "community". So we want to pay homage to Keith Haring's art. What we love about his art: It's street art / graffiti; his connection to the NYC queer black, latino communities; it's playful, graphic.
- Tennis theme so: a tennis ball or two and rackets incorporated in.
- Lots of diversity in the figures.
Would be nice to incorporate:
- Competition is in San Diego, named "Cal Cup" and is the weekend of October 5-6, 2019. So incorporating beach / sun would be nice.
- The three teams are from: LA, SF, SD (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego). Any motifs from these three areas (e.g., Golden Gate Bridge for SF) would be great and also the initials "LA", "SF", "SD" would be good. See "don't likes below re: text, wording"
- Limit # of colors. We're going to screen print.
- Ideally, the print would be 18" wide and 8" high, but flexible if you want to go big and graphic or even smaller and more subtle. Will be printed on XS-XXL size shirts.
- We want to stay "graphic", so not a lot of text or descriptions like a typical "sports" shirt. So bonus points if you put very little text in there or you find a way to incorporate text or initials in a subtle way into the graphics. The idea is to have a shirt we could wear off the court as well in a social setting.
- For some reason the contest says file format in JPG, GIF, etc. It needs to be in a vector-based file format like Adobe illustrator. Colors on separate layers is even better. Our printer told us illustrator file format works best.
- We will comb through designs as they come and provide suggestions and critiques. So it's good to put in submissions early and often :-)
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“Love love love Polina's design. Great communication and is great with feedback. Don't hesitate to hire her for your project!”
markdinh, United States.