Design an App Icon and Logo for an elegant and easy-to-use encrypted chat app
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $150
- Alınan Girdiler: 49
- Kazanan: GabrielStanciu
We need a mobile app icon for our elegant, easy to use, but encrypted chat/instant messaging app, which is called Speakeasy.
We also need a logo, which would probably be very similar to the app icon, but also is accompanied by the text "Speakeasy". The logo would primarily be used as a banner on our website.
We want the design to have the following properties:
- The cool of a 1920s speakeasy.
- It should imply communication.
- Convey a safe place to chat, away from eavesdroppers,
- but NOT be too paranoid - i.e. we don't want our logo to be a lock icon.
- Be classy, NOT geeky.
The best idea that _we_ could come up with was the app icon being a red wax seal embossed on the back of an envelope (see attachment for an awfully-drawn
annotated draft). The embossed text and line art would not need to "jump out" at the viewer; it should be a little subtle. Perhaps the logo would then be the design that is embossed on the wax?
But we're not committed to this idea, and we'd love to see your alternative ideas too.
We'll happily provide feedback throughout the contest - publicly, unless you ask for private feedback.
- Design an app icon, and a logo with associated text
- Be original work. no clipart.
- Supply us with the original Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, or Inkscape files (that we can edit and tweak later), as well as PDF and PNG formats.
- App icon should be 512x512 minimum (or vector), but must also look good when scaled smaller.