Design FILM POSTER for feature DOCUMENTARY
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $635
- Alınan Girdiler: 65
- Kazanan: ClaraWR
We need to create a striking film poster to be the key marketing asset for the international release of the feature documentary, CAST FROM THE STORM. Our launch will include screenings at major United Nations and Amnesty International events around the world.
The film is about TEENAGE REFUGEES starting new lives in Australia. The story is based around their participation in a HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE group that helps them overcome their highly traumatic pasts.
The films follows a journey towards STANDING ON STAGE, and the teenagers FINDING THEIR VOICES in front of big audiences. THE PERFORMANCE element is what creates understanding in the community, and aids the process of resettlement by helping to foster a sense of BELONGING. The film shows that a strange miracle occurs when you share you story, and the TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF THEATRE.
Our key objective in releasing the film is to broaden community acceptance of refugees by presenting the HOPE-FILLED INDIVIDUAL STORIES of the teenagers at the heart of our story. We would like the poster to be STYLISH, COOL, and eye-catching. The teenagers have a FAMILIARITY to us, an INNOCENCE and a PLAYFULNESS. They have a BRIGHT FUTURE.
Our poster (and wider marketing messaging) must appeal to a young, high-school age demographic who can be inspired by these stories, as well as a news-savvy 18-54 y.o demographic who, in today's context, need to be presented with something NEW and UPLIFTING, amidst the plethora of images and news stories surrounding the global refugee crisis.
- A SCREENER OF THE FILM CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE ON VIMEO BY REQUEST
The following links will give you a strong idea of the film’s story:
- Theatrical Trailer: [login to view URL]
- Sneak Peek 1: [login to view URL]
- Sneak Peek 2: [login to view URL]
- Project Presentation document: [login to view URL]
Brooklyn Castle - Makes young kids the hero, adds playful, story-relevant hand drawn elements
War Dance - Showing the magic and movement of dance as the hero of the film. Striking image, contrasted with the idea of war (but not showing it directly).
Lord of War - Re-styling portraits to make them story relevant and visually striking.
The ATTACHED ‘Reference’ materials are key inspirations but do not be limited by these - please let your artistic and creative talents shine! We are also very happy to answer any questions you may have to help develop your concept.
The ATTACHED ‘Images’ of characters in our film. They can all be used in your pitch, but this is not essential. The main featured characters in the film are: ASFAR, MARYAM, YASSER, WIAM, OMID, ALI and RAHIM. We have many more stills so just ask!
Specifications / required content:
- Size: 690 x 1000mm (with a 3mm bleed and crop marks around the 690 x 1000)
- Film Title - existing title-logos ATTACHED. This should be easy for the eye to find but not dominant.
- URL (must be clearly visible) [login to view URL]
- Tag line - New Country. New School. New Life.
- Credits - see ATTACHED ‘Credits Text’ (small font, as per ‘Reference_001’)
- Please leave some negative space for 3 small partner logos, 3 festival laurels and classification (as per ‘Reference_001)
The winner of this contest will need to delivered layered PSD files.
We have more assets to design, so there is lots of potential for further work for the right designer.
David and James