- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $100
- Alınan Girdiler: 379
- Kazanan: abubakar550y
BACKGROUND: THE BUSINESS, THE LOCATION, AND THE TARGET MARKET
The logo is for start up named "Sweet Curmudgeon" which sells home made ice cream in the city of Portland, Oregon, in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. The ice cream is made manually using locally sourced fresh ingredients. Ice cream is an impulse purchase (people generally buy it when it’s available without thinking much about it); therefore, the target market will be very broad. Millennials are the main driving behind ice cream demand, though, and Portland is a progressive city full of young people who chose to live in this city because its life style (access to nature, cultural sophistication, concern for social justice). I would therefore like the logo to be particularly appealing to the following demographic group: well-educated, left leaning, outdoorsy millennials and their children
THE MEANING OF SWEET CURMUDGEON
The word curmudgeon is a noun used to describe someone who has a bad temper, who likes to complain, and is generally grumpy. Curmudgeons can also be very cute and have lovable qualities beneath their rough edges. In fact, the rough edges are sometimes a façade to hide and protect a very sweet nature. A good example of a sweet curmudgeon would be Oscar the Grouch from the Muppet Show. I chose this name for my ice cream business for two reasons. The first reason is that this name reflects the personality of the owner. In other words, I see myself as a sweet curmudgeon. The other reason is the two seemingly contradictory words (“sweet” and “curmudgeon”) can actually coexist give life to something unique and quite delicious in its complexity, like the city of Portland.
REQUIRED ELEMENTS OF THE LOGO AND OVERALL FEEL
The logo needs to have the following elements:
1. The words “Sweet Curmudgeon”
2. A stylized illustration of Mt. Hood in the backdrop. Mt. Hood is a pyramid shaped, snow covered mountain that you can see from Portland on a clear day. Please see photo attached. This illustration can be something as simple as the contour of the mountain, but it needs to be recognizable to someone who lives in Portland.
3. An illustration representing a Sweet Curmudgeon. This can either be a cartoon caricature of me (see photo attached) or of a bear cub (see sample illustration 1). The eyes and the mouth of this illustration are particularly important because they need to express grumpiness and ideally a touch of sweetness. There needs to be some kind of frown and mischievous smile. Think of this illustration as the mascot for the business.
4. An illustration of an ice cream cone. This can be placed in the sweet curmudgeon’s hand, but it doesn’t have to be.
5. I would like the overall feel of the logo to be modern minimalist.
6. I feel drawn to the following colors for this logo: blue, orange, and yellow with black writing. This is just a suggestion, though, so don’t let these colors limit your creativity.
USES OF THE LOGO
The logo will be used for the following:
1. Product labels (initially, these will be stickers to be applied to 3oz, 6oz, and 1pint containers)
2. Store sign
3. Website design
4. Business card
5. T-shirts and hoodies
The logo needs to be in vector format, on single and separate layers that can be edited using illustrator
“Fantastic. He was fast, polite and efficient”
sweetcurmudgeon, United States.