Make an illustration for promoting a theatreplay for children (6-12 years old)
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: €150
- Alınan Girdiler: 10
- Kazanan: sengsavane
Within my business Theatra ([login to view URL]) I am developing a theatreplay for children. And I am looking for a designer/artist who can make a illustration for the promotion of it.
About the story
The story is about patterns en rituals and what happens if you step out of them. The play will be performed for mostly children with disorders, like autism. They are familiar with wanting to keep everything the way it is. In the play we see a man and woman (brother and sister or husband and wife; I am not sure yet). They live every day the same life. They get up always at 7 A.M., get dressed in the same order, read the newspaper, eat every day the same for breakfast, etc. Their whole day is filled with rituals and habits and they hate breaking them. The couple is strict and reserved. Then a new neighbor (female) comes to live next to their house. She is the opposite: friendly, open, chaotic. She is planning on giving a housewarming party and invites the couple. First with an invitation, then a phone call and then a visit at the house. The man and woman get confused by all this and don't know how to react. Eventually they step out of their comfort zone and will visit the party. It is a humorous, visual and musical play, without a lot of text.
About the illustration
* The illustration is meant to be used for promotion on a website and flyer. It has to be appealing for teachers (and children), so they will consider to buy the play.
* You can use the information of the story above. The story will take place in a garden with a fence in between. At one side the couple lives in a very sober and clean garden without any decoration. On the other side the neighbor lives, full of colour. I can imagine a illustration where you see for example the couple in their garden, living the way they do. With the head of the neighbor over the fence (with balloons and everything) trying to invite them for the party. But if you have any other ideas... you're welcome. :-)
* The illustration has to be in good quality, so we could also use it later to print for example on a poster.
* Texts and information we will add later.
* The play is made for children in the age of 6-12 years old. So it can be a bit exciting, but not too scary.
* The illustration has to be made in portrait mode, with enough space around it for the title of the play.
Are you a creative designer or artist who can develop an illustration for me, which is attractive for children? Then I hope to hear from you!
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“She is wonderful to work with! Creative, good communication and very flexible. I would definitely hire her again.”