Outlaw Book Cover Rework
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $40
- Alınan Girdiler: 36
- Kazanan: sbh5710fc74b234f
Hi there, friends!
We're just days away from publishing and the author has decided to make some last-minute changes that require a redesign of our proposed book cover.
Here's the gist of the details...
Essentially, the author wants to use many elements of the original book cover (see attached) such as the nicely layered/blended images, subtle texture overlays, etc. Having said that, there are a few changes that are the basis for our redesign...
1. The author wants to include an alternate picture on the lower, front cover of the book. Instead of the silhouette walking down the road, he would like to include and blend the walking-on-water image attached below. This is a tall image a may be a bit of a challenge to fit the full pic in the lower section due to its height, but he would like to get as much of it as possible, even if it means shrinking his picture at the top a little.
2. Typography structure and color selection. Instead of the way that the typography is arranged in the original book cover, the author prefers a layout that more closely represents the layout in the authors-preference file. Not color selection and texture, you have creative flexibility there, but the way that the text is arranged. Ant the author did mention that he was not too fond of our yellow font selection in the original title. Yellow is not his color...? :)
3. Aside from that, we'd just need to tweak some of the colors in the textures and overlays that were used in the original cover to best match the hues in the walking-on-water image. I realize that you will likely desaturate the images some, but I think the author would be really pleased if we're able to keep some of the colors shining through...
4. The author does not want to include the lumberjack image on the back of the cover, so no need to worry about that. At the same time, the dummy text can also be omitted per the publisher's inclusion of their own summary here...
Happy freelancing and good luck to all!
P.S. Since the psd file of the original book cover is too large to attach here, I've also included the author's portrait.
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“Sourav is awesome. High-quality design and very easy to work with. ”
blacktiepro, United States.