Write a Sample Short Story and Project Bid
- Durum: Closed
- Ödül: $100
- Alınan Girdiler: 7
- Kazanan: GavinParish
This contest is for me to find some talent to write an actual short story in a related project.
For this contest I would like you to write 500+ word piece, writing a story section based an existing story I provide in the attached file named chapter 1.
The 500+ word story is intended as a test that will take less effort on your part. Nobody likes to write 2000+ words and not get paid for it if they lose the contest.
• Read chapter 1, attached to the contest.
• Read the appendix attached to the contest. The appendix is for background information that the chapter 1 reader and the human character Tomek are not aware of yet. But it does influence Wra’s behavior. Wra and Spri do know about it. It is a secret forbidden to outsiders.
⁃ One other bit of background: It was a kazimon that took Claymore.
• Think up a story segment from Wra’s perspective.
• Your story needs to start from the truck, before chapter 1 starts. This beginning part is your chance to show you can come up with original material. (Even if it is just dialogue, or something minor).
• Your story ends when they run from the swamp monster. This is your chance to show your story can coordinate well with the existing story from Tomek’s perspective.
• Your whole story segment must be from Wra’s perspective, either in first person or third person mode.
• After you finish writing it and when you submit it to the contest, remember to include in the comments your bid and for the project. Include the fixed price bid and the timeframe of how long it will take you.
The project you are bidding for is to write the back story for the minor character Zha, in the same book, in chapter 14. Your Zha story will be published as an appendix to this science fiction book. I will even put your name under the appendix title ‘by ————‘, either your real name or your freelancer name, your preference.
Zha is a stage two kazimon. Tomek encounters her in chapter 14 and the encounter is nearly fatal to him. I thought Zha was interesting and her backstory should be told. From her perspective. If you won this project, you would get more details and be able to read the manuscript. That story should be 2000+ words.
Remember: your contest entry has two required components:
1. Your 500+ word story based on chapter 1
2. Your price bid and timeframe for writing the 2000+ word Zha story.
Both components will be judged and will influence who wins.
Your story does not need to start and end exactly where I said above as long as about half of your story is before the start of chapter one, and about half of your story is during chapter one.
Tavsiye Edilen Beceriler
“Thank you for the fine story telling.”
jimmgrogan, United States.