We have a product "X" that has its own installer.
The installer is 6 * NEXT, plus a few error messages.
You will get the source for this installer, it is written in IS 6.0
The installer and program is with the "OLD" name
We have another bigger installer for product "Y" that can also install product "X".
The "Y" installer contains a new version of "X" with the "NEW" name, the installer itself is also with the new name.
You will get the sourcecode for this installer, it is written in IS 9.0
You task :
1) Update the "X" installer to IS 9.0
2) Use the colors, logos, paths, servicenames, registry entries etc from "Y" installer for the "X" installer
3) Update the files to be installed in "X" installer to be the files from "Y" installer.
4) Make a new branch in "X" installer where certain files are given instead of browsed (files are in "Y" installer)
5) Make sure program works on only Win2k, WinXP and Win2003, and fails with nice error on non suppoerted OS like NT 4.0, Win98, Win95, win3.0, OS/2
6) Make sure uninstall works as expected
Make sure you follow the Standard Outsourcing Requirements.