1. Fabricate a minimum of 5 sets of samples under 3 different orientations using default, full-density, printing setting on the 3D printer.
2. Perform mechanical tests on all fabricated samples using tensile loads and obtain key materials characteristics values for Tensile test, Yield Strength, Ultimate Tensile Loads, 0.2% Proof Strength, Ductility (% elongation) and present all data graphically.
3. Perform materials hardness-tests using Rockwell testing instrumentation. Obtain the Rockwell and Vickers hardness values for all samples.
4. Compare the obtained values for mechanical and hardness tests across all samples and determine the 3D printing parameters that produce the most and the least anisotropy.
5. Compare the obtained values for Rockwell and tests across all printing orientations. Determine whether pricing orientation affects the materials hardness values and the most appropriate hardness testing method.
6. Provide a recommendation as to the most optimal printing orientation to maximise the performance of PLA production parts
Im up to result and discussion part