The dissertation or research master’s thesis will be about making the transition from an engineering field into management. You can get the idea from the abstract of article (attached)
The final results are to be reported in both oral and written form. The written report should be in the range of 15 to 20 pages and must include appropriate footnotes or documentation of sources cited and will also include a bibliography, tables and graphics.
SUGGESTIONS FOR WRITING*
A format for an academic paper might be:
1. Define the problem.
2. Review of the literature.
When to document (via footnotes, for example):
1. For ethical acknowledgement of sources.
2. To establish authority and credibility.
3. For efficient additional study by the reader.
4. To avoid any possible accusations of plagiarism.
* Taken in part from “PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL WRITING STRATEGIES” by Vanalsyne and Tritt, Prentice Hall, 2002.