Purpose: The goal of this paper is for you to reflect on a real life negotiation you
conducted outside of class.
Format: 5-8 page analysis of your real life negotiation. Double spaced, 12 Font
Times New Roman. Submit on moodle in a Word Document only! APA. Citations (in
text and bibliography) are expected!
Outline: Below are the key points I would like you to cover in this paper. The bold
numerals represent the sections I expect to see in your analysis.
I. Describe the situation: First, briefly give me the history of the conflict/negotiation. This
should be shortest sections of your paper. Highlight how this conflict came to being, but
do not spend the whole time on the back story. Use the questions below as a template.
• Who are the parties involved.
• What is the conflict/negotiation history?
o Relationship between you and the other side.
o Negative/Positive past interactions.
• What is at stake? What are you negotiating over?
II. Substance: Next, I want to know the substantive issues involved in this
negotiation. Use the questions below as a template.
• What are your goals?
• What are their goals?
• What positions are on the table?
o Theirs (if revealed during the negotiation)
• What interests are on the table?
o Theirs (if revealed during the negotiation)
• What is your BATNA?
• What is their BATNA? (if revealed during the negotiation)
• What was your resistance point?
• What was their resistance point?
III. Negotiation Process: Third, I want you to walk me through the how of this
negotiation; how did this negotiation play out? This section is a mix between the first
(events) and third (empathy) “E’s” of your weekly journals. You will focus your role
and then their role. Use the following questions as prompts.
A. Your Role:
• Did you prepare for the negotiation, if so, how? If not, why not and what was the
• What tactics/strategy/moves did you use (distributive or integrative)
• Were your tactics/strategy/moves effective? Why or why not?
B. Their Role
• What positions/interests did the other party reveal in this negotiation?
• What strategy/tactics did they use?
• Was their strategy effective? Why or why not?
III. Negotiation Outcome: Fourth, I want you to tell me what agreement was
reached by focusing on the following questions.
• Did you reach agreement? If so, give me the
details. o What did you get, what did they get?
• If you did not reach an agreement, tell me what deal you were aiming
for. o Also, what deal did you perceive the other side wanted?
IV. Explanation & Analysis: This section is the same within your weekly journals.
Here I want you to explain and analyze:
(1) Substance (issues on the table),
(2) Process (negotiation set-up, how was the substance dealt with) and
(3) Outcomes (agreement or no agreement)
In order to do this, I want you to:
1. Apply the concepts in the readings we have covered thus far.
2. Describe how the concepts/readings you choose operated in your negotiation.
a. A major part of your grade will focus on how well you analyze and
synthesize the readings.
b. If you do not cite the readings, your grade will significantly be affected.
c. You know the material better than you think; tell me how the concepts
operated in your negotiation!
V. Evaluation & Lessons Learned: Finally, reflect on your own behavior
in this negotiation. Use the following questions as a guide.
• What did you learn from this negotiation?
• What worked for you?
• What did not work for you?
• If you were able to do this over, what would you do differently?
• Going forward, how might you improve your negotiation skills
Hi There I would love to work on your project. My work will be original and well researched. It will be delivered to you on time. Can provide you samples of my work if the need be. Looking forward to your positive res Daha Fazla
Bu iş için 32 freelancer ortalamada $81 teklif veriyor
I am well versed in content and academic writing. I have a unique skill in research and all the appropriate formatting styles/methods. My freelancing approach is to put the interests of all my clients first with an aim Daha Fazla
Hello, I am offering you the best of the best quality writing services. This I offer according to your budget with around the clock customer service support. Do you have an urgent project? Are you stuck with your proje Daha Fazla
Experienced and accomplished ACADEMIC WRITER available to provide quality work. Please contact for future consideration. Regards
I am a professional academic writer and have worked at various platforms before. I can assure you A+ work on time. My work will be flawless in all the aspects and I am more than available for any sort of revisions. Let Daha Fazla