Need someone to do my GIS assignment details
Your task will be to map each tree (> 100 mm dbh), select additional centre points for ‘new’ SAT sites along each transect, and develop and compare continuous surface models of koala activity based on the earlier SAT sites, the whole transect and your newly selected SAT sites.
As a minimum (and in order to submit a final map), you will need to apply the following GIS skills:
1) Explore data and metadata in ArcCatalogue;
2) Load spatially referenced and non-referenced data into your data view;
3) Create points from distance measurements along polylines using ‘ROUTES’ and ‘ROUTE EVENTS’ (based on a new tool – NOTE: we will show you how);
4) Select (create) points for new SAT sites and create buffers (or select nearest neighbours – we will show you how) around your newly selected sites;
5) Summarize attribute information and link it back to your original spatially referenced data;
6) Create CONTINUOUS SURFACE (RASTER) LAYERS from point input (vector) data (based on a new tool – NOTE: we will show you how);
7) Combine raster and vector layers (which will be provided) to design a readily interpretable data view of your results (this may involve editing and/or overlay geoprocessing);
8) Create a final map view with multiple data views
In addition you can extend your analysis by using spatial statistics tools in ArcGIS and/or exporting relevant attribute tables into SPSS for further statistical examination.