1. Apply elements of analyzing characterization in a short story
2. Create a thesis statement to focus the paper.
3. Apply elements of works cited formatting.
To print this assignment, click on the file below. Select one character from the stories read and identify at least three character traits to label this character. Write an essay analyzing this character and defending your labels.
2. “The Lesson” by Toni Cade Bambera,
3. "Powder" by Tobias Wolfe,
4. "The Jilting of Granny Weatherall" by Katherine Anne Porter,
5. “Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut Jr,
6. “If You Touched My Heart” by Isabel Allende,
7. “Battle Royal” by Ralph Ellison,
TO READ THE STORIES, YOU CAN GOOGLE THE SPECIFIC STORY.
I NEED A CHARACTER ANALYSIS FOCUSING ON THE MAIN PERSON IN THE STORY.
FOCUS ON CHARACTERIZATION AND INCLUDE EXAMPLES THAT DEFEND YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE CHARACTER. DO NOT RETELL THE STORY.
Apply the five methods for character development in your analysis.
• Identify two or three adjectives that label the main character early in the story.
• Support your label with examples of action, speech, thoughts, what other characters say about the character, and what the author may tell you, if anything.
• Think about which elements of characterization revealed the character to you most definitively.
• Label the main character at the end of the story. Analysis of change in character usually gives tips to a theme.
I NEED 2 DRAFTS AND A FINAL DRAFT.
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE AT LEAST 4 CITES
AND INCLUDE A WORKS CITED
I NEED IT BY THE END OF TOMORROW