Freelancer who bid should show knowledge about NHS (England) and **POST THE BIDDING CODE HIDDEN IN THE PASSAGE WHEN YOU BID**
I need an 3500 words essay that answers these questions, in terms of the NHS:
To what extent can healthcare be considered a business? Discuss the extent to which health care can be considered a business with reference to a health care system of your choice. Is there evidence to suggest that the use of business principles in health care can lead to improved quality and cost improvements?
Keywords: what extent, healthcare, business, business principles, quality and cost improvement.
There are many ways of approaching this topic and as it is potentially very wide you will need to take care that you answer the question and that you justify your approach. Be conscious that there are two related parts to this question; 1. To what extent can healthcare be considered a business and 2. To what extent has the use of business principles improved quality and supported cost improvements? Make sure that you answer both.
You may want to draw on aspects from history, finance, clinicians and managers, regulation, consumerism etc.
Some areas you may wish to consider include:
• Why have business principles been applied to healthcare? Are the challenges facing health care unique or are they shared with more traditional forms of ‘business’?
• How does the history, governance, regulation and culture of the particular health care system impact upon the concept of health care as a business?
• What are the key characteristics of a market in health care and where does this differ from traditional markets in the private sector. How do these differences impact upon the results of using business principles in health care?
• Think about which business principles have been introduced eg introduction of general management, opening up of the market, private finance initiatives, patient as consumer. Have these principles improved quality and lest to cost improvement. Think of some of the quality improvement tools which have been introduced, how have these helped/not helped and what does this tell you?
• How appropriate is it to view the patient as a ‘consumer’ and what are the implications of this perspective?
• Why is the more recently explicit reference to business principles, as in the British White Paper, causing such disquiet?
• Business and healthcare are often viewed as polarities, cowboy capitalism vs. angels of mercy, is there a new way of viewing healthcare which will help it to meet the increasing and changing demands, without losing its heart?
• You might want to look at some examples, both positive and negative, of the application of business principles in practice. Look at ATOS in Tower Hamlets, [url removed, login to view], or Virginia Mason Medical Centre in Seattle for examples.
The Bidding Code: plspostthiswhenyoubidsothatiknowyoureadthroughthedescriptiontks
Particular events to consider in terms of the NHS as a business, include the introduction of general management, introduction of the internal market and subsequent opening up of the market to ‘any willing provider’ , and the introduction of the concept of the patient as consumer.
Also look at some of the papers/blog on the Kings Fund website. In addition, the following may also be useful:
Clarke, J. (2005), New Labour’s citizens: activated, empowered, responsibilized, abandoned? Critical Social Policy, 25, 4: 447–63.
Department of Health. High Quality Care For All: NHS Next Stage Review final [url removed, login to view]: The Stationery Office; 2008
Department of Health. Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS. London: The Stationery Office; 2010
Gilmartin ML and Freeman RE (2002) Business Ethics and Health Care: A Stakeholder Perspective. Health Care Manage Rev, 27(2), 52–65
12 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 233$ teklif veriyor
plspostthiswhenyoubidsothatiknowyoureadthroughthedescriptiontks.Hi,I am the right person for this project.I did NHS paper just 1 day ago and got grade A.please see more details in the PMB.
Hi, I'm proficient in English, Management graduate and I'm able to help you with this project. Please check out my profile and previous reviews. Thanks. plspostthiswhenyoubidsothatiknowyoureadthroughthedescriptiontks
plspostthiswhenyoubidsothatiknowyoureadthroughthedescriptiontks...... I have read the specification and we can write a unique NHS essay for you....