Due Date: 8th June!!! NO LATER!!!
English MUST be your first language.
You MUST make reference to the readings/references from within the course. Rsources will be provided.
You MUST have prior experience with NGO's and an understanding of 'development'.
Harvard style of referencing 10- 15 references.
You can choose one of the following topics:
1. Sometimes NGOs are referred to as merely being “the little fingers of government”. Is there any substance to this claim? Discuss with reference to the literature and specific NGO examples.
2. NGOs respond constantly to changes in the global environment. Discuss some of the major changes in the external environment which NGOs are dealing with and how they are responding to them.
3. Discuss the future possibilities for NGOs. Drawing on the literature and examples indicate how NGOs can possibly contribute to global/local social change.
4. NGOs are associated strongly with the community sector but to what extent do NGOs really represent ‘civil society’?
5. How accountable are NGOs? Discuss a range of issues and challenges for NGOs in relation to levels of accountability.
6. Can NGOs forge new roles and develop new ways of operating? Is there are necessity to reconfigure current NGOs roles? What are the challenges? Discuss.
7. How can Community Based Organisation (CBOs) and NGOs work together more effectively? Should they? Discuss the range of challenges present in CBO and NGO relationships.