This next project is making way for price searches based on number of stops. A user will be able to search for non-stop, one-stop, and multi-stop flights. Following are the tasks:
1. Change "price" to "price_lowest" in the airfare_model and database. Do not make changes to the web service APIs. Things named "price" there need to remain for backward compatibility. In a later project, we will add a "price_lowest" that will always have the same value as the deprecated "price".
2. Do the same thing, changing "alerts_active" to "alert_lowest".
3. Add 6 new fields to the airfare_model:
If you're saying to yourself that this structure is silly you'd be right. There are better ways to structure the database so that new columns aren't required each time we add a new search category. The problem is that new structure takes more time. Search by number of stops will be the first premium version. I need to get it out asap with minimal cost so the app can start making money and pay for new work like a better database structure. We'll get there, just not this moment.
Please understand my desire for this to be 100% covered by automated tests. The PHP code is easy, anyone can do it successfully. Full test coverage is immensely valuable and I've struggled to find anyone who understands how to accomplish it. I could write this code myself but I desire to find someone who I can pay so that we can accomplish more than my own time allows.
Be sure to use the files as they are on the FTP site now. I merged in a few changes.
Append any database changes to the migration script you created in the previous project. That script hasn't been deployed yet so it is fine to keep adding to it. When a script it deployed, I note the deployment date in a note at the top of the file.
For project budget and deadline, I put in the minimums because it requires a value. I assume you can bid higher and extend the deadline. Let me know if that isn't possible.