To display the weekday schedule of a commuter rail line “Framingham/Worcester” by connecting to the
realtime API provided by the MBTA (Check section “RealTime API”).
Note: Scope of this is to imitate existing schedule page with an exception of displaying a popup (UserStory
No login restriction; anyone who has access to the page shall view the schedule of “Framingham/Worcester” line
Display of schedule data shall be similar to how it is in the following link (User Story is written assuming the
data will be displayed on this page); [login to view URL] Ideas/suggestions to display the data more effectively/aesthetically are welcome with a reasonable price:
User Story A
1. User type in the URL and navigates to the Schedule page
2. Page displays the schedule data for “Framingham/Worcester” Line in grid format
○ Row represents “Stops”
○ Column represents the schedule that a train runs from one station to the other
3. User clicks the column header (train#) and a new window pops up displaying data from that
column along with the “stops” name - displaying schedule information just for that train.
Non Functional Requirements:
- Application must use MEAN stack (although there is nothing to persist from the UI)
- Application client must connect to MBTA api from server (and not directly from client)
- Application design must be flexible enough to support adding more APIs from MBTA in the future
- Accessing MBTA API needs a key by registering at the MBTA site. This key should then easily replaced
with another valid key and the application must still work.
[login to view URL]