I would like you to create a bot that will automate a tedious task. I sell items on Amazon using their fulfillment services. I purchase items locally and ship them to Amazon. I use their online shipping tool in Amazon Seller Express.
For example I purchase 20 cases of candy bars. I first put the purchase in a spreadsheet which calculates all the shipping parameters. I then mostly copy and paste from the spreadsheet to the shipping tool to complete the process. I also collect the shipment data generated in the tool and save it back into excel.
There are approximately 12 gross steps with lots of little steps in between:
1. I need it to read shipping parameters from excel sheet and then go to shipping page with URL built from parameters
2. Once the page is loaded, it will check a box, and then click the "go" button.
3. On the next page it will check a box and enter in a quantity per case and number of cases (from parameters and logic) and click the "continue" button.
4. On the next page it will verify preferred shipment destination is available, and if needed go back to previous page and adjust quantities/cases and repeat unit the preferred destination is available. Once it finds the preferred destination option available, it will check the box next to it, and name it (from parameters), and click the continue button.
5. On the next page it will click the continue button.
6. On the next page it will verify the quantity is correct and adjust as necessary, and click on the continue button.
7. On the next page it will check the box next to the preferred carrier, and click on the continue button.
8. On the next page it will enter in the weight of the package (from parameters), and click on the continue button.
9. On the next page it check the box to authorize the shipment, and click on the continue button.
10. On the next page it will click the print button (which will initiate a download to be saved), and then the continue button.
11. On the next page it will click the “Shipped” button, and then the continue button.
12. On the next page it will click the print button (which will initiate a download to be saved), and record the shipment identification information displayed back into excel.
It's a little more complicated than that, but from my memory that's basically it.
I have screen shots of the entire process if you are interested.
Right now, I would like the bot to be written in VBA as a module in the Excel sheet. Later I want the bot to run from a webserver using PHP and interact with MySQL database instead of Excel.
It is very important that the code is verbosely documented. I like a lot of in-line comments and section comments. I want to be able to understand exactly how everything works. I am not a programmer, but I do know how to read code with a little help.
I am planning to migrate away from Excel to the database soon. Perhaps you will be able to assist in that as well? Or perhaps you could help me migrate to the webserver/database now and write this in PHP? I am planning to setup a server using Amazon Web Services. Are you familiar with their cloud services and EC2? I want to set up a linux server with Apache, PHP, and MySQL and then setup the database to replace excel.
[url removed, login to view]
Anyway, if you do this in Excel and can get it out quickly. I would like to offer you $200. I hope it will only take you a few hours work initially.
If you would like to tackle the bigger project, I would be very happy to discuss that.