I am learning to code using Kotlin in Android Studio.
To do that I have tried to find decent tutorials or courses on YouTube, SkillShare or similar sites.
With this I have gained a very basic understanding on the process and I am able to make small and simple apps.
As I am in need of becoming sufficiently proficient in this to be able to make advanced systems and apps to be used internally in my company I have realized that I will need a personal mentor.
Which will mean that there will be a lot of recurring work for you during the next year or so.
Description of the job:
The way I see it there are several ways that this could be done.
1. You create an entire curriculum and we zoom/Skype as you teach me.
2. I can contact you when I need support with something and you can help me with what I need to do to move forward.
3. I can show you my code and you can help spot the particular areas where I need to learn more.
4. You can record videos for me to go through based on what I need to learn for my own progress.
Each of these have their own strong and weak points.
I would think that a mix of all solutions would be ideal.
I have a problem with my code which hinders advancement, and I show the code to you.
From the code you then spot which mistakes I've made (beginner or otherwise), and you are able to figure out what aspects I need to learn more about.
You then explain this to me and either show my how it is done on Skype/Zoom or you record a video where you explain it.
Other than that you let me know which things I need to learn more about before moving any further.
This is just my own idea of how it could work.
If you have your own idea, please let me know.
How to be considered for this job:
There are a few requirements that I feel is necessary for you to be chosen.
- You need to have a good enough understanding of both Kotlin, Android Studio and programming in general to be able to teach it. (This one is pretty obvious)
- You need to have a good enough microphone to be able to communicate with me.
- You need to be able to speak English well enough for us to speak without hindrance. As English is my second language it will unfortunately not work for me to talk with someone who's very hard to understand because of poor English or pronunciation.
- You need to be able to figure out what I need to focus on learning based on our interaction and the code that I create.
- [This is very important] You need to be able to show me WHY a piece of code is the way it is, not just HOW to write it. The point is for me to understand the concepts, not just learn a list of code blocks to create.
- I will need to see a demonstration of this before I can choose to go forward with you.
My suggestion here is this:
I have simple problem right now which I am unable to figure out for myself. I will describe it to you and you will create a video explaining this to me.
If your video shows that you fulfill all the requirements above, then I will pay you 20$ for the video, and we will be able to discuss your hourly rate going forward from there.
If this is all acceptable to you, let me know in the application.
If you have any specific ideas or ways you think this could work, please let me know in the application as well as that will help me choose you from the other applicants.
I am Google Certified Android Developer as well as I have 6+ years of industrial experience with coding as well as training. I trained students and professionals on Android Application Development.
Bu iş için 9 freelancer ortalamada $11/saat teklif veriyor
Hey. I am an advanced programmer with over 10 years of experience. I work with many reputable companies (Yandex, Google, Intel). My professionalism will help you achieve your goal effectively!