1. Buyer registers at the site.
2. Once registration is complete they are forwarded to the “buy bids” page.
3. Buyer chooses the package they would like to buy and is then forwarded to the payment area. (this will need to be added and it will be the only payment method available)
4. Acceptable payment forms: check, money order, visa, American express, mc.
5. Once payment is confirmed the proper number of bids is credited to their account.
6. Buyer can begin bidding on products. They can only bid on items for which they have enough bids in their account to cover. For instance, if a product costs 20 bids and the buyer only has 15 bids in their account they will not be allowed to bid. They will be presented with a screen that informs they that they need to purchase more bids and provides them with a link to the purchase area.
7. When a bidder wins an item an email/invoice notice (from auction site) is sent to the bidder that informs them of the win and directs them to the payment area to make a payment to seller. (Email includes sellers handle/account name, auction number, total amount due including shipping and other charges)
8. Winning bidder pays by putting the correct amount of bids into “escrow” for the seller.
9. The buyer ships the item and posts the tracking number and other shipping details to the account.
10. The money is held in escrow until the delivery confirmation is generated by shipping company.
11. Once receipt is confirmed the money is automatically released (less service charges) to the seller.
12. Sellers and buyers have the option to bill or pay for multiple auctions on one transaction.
This will work similar to paypal or guru.com.
All auctions require the purchase of bids and use of escrow process.
I will find out which shipping company next week. How do we integrate with the shipping company?
Send me a pm for the current site url.