Need 2 very short articles written for me (about less than a page for each). Must be completed no later than tmrw and they are as follows:
Who Said Dinosaurs Were Extinct?
Mark Abley wrote the article “Who Said Dinosaurs Were Extinct?” which appeared in the The Gazette on May 12. (link to article below)
[url removed, login to view]+dinosaurs+were+extinct/6607061/[url removed, login to view]
Abley discusses the word “dinosaur” as a metaphor and says that people use the metaphor to highlight a comparison between two different things. In paragraph four, Abley says a recent article in the Gazette’s business pages particularly annoyed him because of the way it used the metaphor.
1) In a minimum of 100 words, discuss the following:
- What is the tenor of the metaphor Abley discusses in this paragraph? (What is the thing that is being compared?)
- What is the vehicle of the metaphor? (The thing is being compared to what?)
- What is the ground of the metaphor? (What common characteristics or qualities do the tenor and the vehicle share?)
- What is Abley’s problem with the metaphor as it is used in the quotation from the article he discusses?
2) Then, in approximately another 100 words, discuss the points that Abley makes in the last three paragraphs of his article. How do these paragraphs relate to the “dinosaur’ metaphor he begins with? I am also interested to read what you have to say about your preferences for face-to-face or online courses.
1. What is a vision?
Take a look at this quote from George Bernard Shaw
([url removed, login to view]+is+no+brief+candle+to+me&startsearch=Search&Author=&C=mgm&C=motivate&C=classic&C=coles&C=poorc&C=lindsly).
How do you feel about it? Do you love it? Hate it? Don't understand it? Does it give you any ideas about what a vision is? Experience the vision of DeWitt Jones ([url removed, login to view]:/private/154768.mp4&w=640&h=480), a former photographer for National Geographic. He calls this "Celebrating what's right with the world."
2. Why is a vision important to leadership? Or is it??
In general, people who don't know where they're going are like pieces of styrofoam bobbing on the waves of the ocean. As a follower, what or where are you to follow when the styrofoam has no idea where it's going?! Today the waves take it here, but tomorrow, there . . . . Does this inspire confidence in you?
3. Where does a vision come from?
Is there anything in your life you feel passionately about?
How do you get others to believe passionately as you do?
Martin Luther King Jr.:
Here's a bit of background about this famous American civil rights leader ([url removed, login to view],_Jr.).
As you watch this video clip of Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I Have a Dream" speech . . .
Pay careful attention to the content AND the delivery.
Can you identify what his vision is?
What rhetorical techniques does he employ that may particularly appeal to you?
One of the things in his presentation style that is often noted is the distinct difference between the first part of the speech and the second part.
Where do his words come from in the first section?
Where do they come from in the second section?
Is there one that has greater impact on you than the other? Why?
What lesson is there that can help you in your own leadership development?
Do the Individual Assignment now for Module 5. Plan to spend at least 45 minutes on the process before attempting to answer the following questions:
1. How did you feel while working through the visioning exercise?
2. Where will you go from here?
8 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 61$ teklif veriyor
Hello, This is to tell you that i would take up your task though i need certain clarity with somethings. I would do it with utmost sincerity. Hope you revert back soon. thank you