We’re looking for a writer to help define the verbal identity and be the lead writer for one of the world’s biggest and most established shisha brands.
It’s an exciting time for us and this international shisha business, as we’re going through a root and branch brand refresh and comprehansive business transformation.
We need someone who has the skills to unpack the brand personality and values and express them in the written word; starting with tone of voice guidlines, followed by a wide range of collateral, including a global e-commerce web site at the heart of everything.
We’re looking for a writer who is super comfortable writing in a progressive tone for a millennial audience: punchy, clean, simple, clever...and sympathetic to the shisha community.
America is a big market for us so you’ll need to be American and be able to intuitively write in the US idiom. Also, we’ll need to translate your words into a number of languages, so you’ll need you to be sensitive to what will work well across different langauges and cultures. It’d be helpful if you can speak another language (although not essential).
Finally, the world of shisha has a very particular vibe and vernacular, so it’d be really good if our lead writer had some knowleldge and/or experience of the sector. Being a shisha smoker would be most definitely helpful!
Key scope and requirements of the role
• American and able to write in the US idiom.
• Write a verbal identity document from the brand personality and values already established.
• Writes creative, clear, concise and brand-right copy for a range of collateral
• Responsible for organising and writing product catalogue based ecommerce content.
• Proven ability to write short, punchy product descriptions that elevate the product and create an emotional connection.
• Attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of the product information.
• Good organisiational skills; ability to stay on top of all amendments and keep track of the most up to date single verison of the truth.
• Must have an awareness of shisha culture. If you are an occasional or regular shisha smoker please make this clear in your submission.
• A self-starter, good at multi-tasking, and able to prioritise workload based on deadlines in a fast-paced environment.