We are looking for a copy editor that can partner with us over the next 4-6 weeks to help us in the process in launching a new website that will support young people to learn and apply peacebuilding skills.
The main requirements for the copy editor are:
- Experience writing and editing content for young people for online distribution
- Experience simplifying language of existing documents to make it much more accessible and easy to understand for general audiences
- Expert writing in US English content
- Someone who is passionate about using their writing skills to promote peace and to help young people engage with social causes.
- We are targeting young people of 13-24 years of age with a focus on 13-18.
- They are young people that want to take action around issues happening in their communities using peacebuilding skills
- They can be based anywhere in the US and up to 15% of them might be based outside of the US
- They come from all sorts of backgrounds.
Psychographics of the target users
- They seek unmediated experiences - They have an insatiable desire to explore, experience and discover new things, both physically and virtually.
- Build and maintain communities digitally - In the midst of the turmoil and upheaval in their formative years, they are looking for peer support networks that offers safety in numbers and shared interest in common causes.
- Want to make a difference in the world - Growing up in world where consequences are becoming evident, they are acutely aware of the social issues plaguing society, and thus want to do something to change it.
- Distrustful of Institutions – Growing up in a time when social institutions are in chaos and crisis, they are distrustful of them.
- Moving beyond the stereotypes - They see themselves living in a new era where they have the ability to redefine rigid definitions of identity and rewrite narrow narratives of their communities and generation.
Overarching Audience Insight
Growing up in a time where the consequences of intolerance, hatred and violence, are increasingly evident in their world, there are feelings of responsibility and urgency within the generation to make things better; but they seek guidance and support to help them achieve the change they seek in the world. Digital communities provide much needed spaces for expression, inspiration and collective action.
The work required will look like this:
- We will provide some brief details on style of voice that we are after and that in our experience attracts our audiences
- We will provide content from our existing pages before they are published to have a final look and edit to suit our audiences (13-18 year olds). This will be about 30-40 pages of 100–300 words each. This content requires low level editing as it has already been written by our internal communications team.
- We will also provide a document of about 20,000 words consistent of a series of tools to support young people that would need to be simplified and re-written to suit our audiences. This content will require a higher level of editing as it has been written by someone external to the organization with no experience writing for this demographic group.
- We would start with 1-2 pages and provide feedback until the style of voice sounds in alignment from what we believe could attract our audiences
- We will then continue working on larger pieces of work
Most content will be provided in word documents and would need to be returned in word documents too after it has been edited.
We would prefer to work with someone that would provide a ball figure budget given our current budgetary restrictions.
We want to start this work around August 29th and we would like to have it completed by September 18th.
Please provide a bid as well as a link to a sample of work that covers your understanding of what a piece of content with these requirements could look like.
Thanks and happy bidding!
Hello there from Colorado! This seems looks like a wonderful project to be immersed in over the next 2 weeks. It sounds fantastic and I would love to participate. My Freelancer profile does not represent the extent Daha Fazla
Bu iş için 31 freelancer ortalamada $1008 teklif veriyor
Hi, I have read and understood the project description and possess the skills required to meet your needs. Please give me a chance and reply. Thanks.