I am branding/web marketing small biz, with client whom is looking for help with writing and explaining some financial concepts on his brochure.
- Must have great spoken English, and willing to speak with client via Skype to have him explain the concept and ideas he wants to describe clearly on his brochure.
- Someone whom is familiar with taking a complex/sophisticated topics and able to present them in way anyone could understand-- Simplifying for the general reader :)
Perhaps in some ways it is a combination of writing and info-graphics). Someone experienced writing information brochures, rack cards, concept pieces, etc. would be considered asset. Experience writing summaries or simplifying technical ideas or documents would also be considered asset.
- Project would only be about 200-300 words; and again can be mix of just writing, writing and visuals to help communicate ideas/concepts, or combo of info graphics and content. We are somewhat open to professional opinion- our goal is to make it easy to understand for our clients audience.
- Want someone with clever, concise, and memorable writing style. Clients are turning to me to find resource because of my creative abilities, and they expect me to find a 'smart' writer.
- Please explain your specific writing specialities or assets. Are you good researcher? Do you know how to write SEO conscious and different writing approaches for different mediums, etc.
- Experience writing for insurance and/or financial is HUGE asset, and don't forget to mention this. The topic of the Brochure will be on a specific upcoming change in financial/insurance industry that they want to delicately explain/demonstrate importance to clients. Please, if you have in depth experience writing within insurance and financial industry, please share these pieces.
I often have small biz clients who need a little help here or there with content, so really looking to form great relationship with great writer. There is opportunity for additional work, as well as establishing a long term relationship, if we can find the perfect writer for our needs.
Our decision will be made on a evaluation of costs and quality of writing, as well as interest level shown in working with our clients. Cost is very important factor as most of our clients are currently solo small biz owners. Keep this in consideration. Thanks!
1) Read over the job post in details. Share response for whatever points you find relevant. The more you share with us in response to our points, the better!
2) Share your best 3-4 examples of pieces similar to the project we described (financial/insurance topic, brochure/presentation style, etc.)
3) Tell me a bit about yourself! What do you love about writing or what are your favorite things to write about? We want to find easy-going, down to earth writer who cares about purpose/successful writing.