A device with a software system to be developed to inspect the transport route (road/rail) using modern technologies. The system/device that is to be devised should be capable of
• Physical separation (fracture) or crack in the road / rails / track
• Kink or misalignment or a dip in the road / track
• Subsidence in road / track due to uneven settlement/subsidence in the embankment
• Missing road furnitures / track fittings (viz., Items like fishplates, fish-bolts, elastic rail clips (ERC), liners etc.), broken Sleepers, defective weld joints etc.
• Inspection of roadbed / track features such as Points and Crossings, Switch Expansion Joints, Glued joints and abnormalities to be detected.
• Track Obstructions due to Boulders, stones, Road vehicles on or near the track due to infringement on the track
• Submergence, Water accumulation & stagnation of water near the roadbed / track
• Inspection of condition of Height gauges on the level crossings. Any damage to the girder of the height gauge, to be detected
• Cattle carcass, Dead body on roadbed / track
Automated System should be capable of inspecting & generating :
• Alert messages to Vehicle drivers / Loco crew to Stop the Vehicle / train. Subsequently, based on the driver / Loco Pilots judgment and severity of defect, the vehicle / train may be passed at reduced speeds.
• Transmitting Alert messages for imposing caution on the road / tracks.
• Immediate reporting of unsafe track conditions to the nearest road traffic controller / station master, track maintainers.
• Use of modern means like LIDARs, modern aerial photographic means, DRONES or any Vehicle / Train Mounted systems for inspection and data capture / data analysis / data transmission / report generation etc.
• Leveraging technological advancement in LIDAR, Image processing and Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
• Cost-effective and innovative solution including advanced diagnostics for daily monitoring of road / track condition.
• Actionable outputs from the system for real time decision-making in Vehicle / Train Operations.