I'm working on a web catalogue. My database has 2 tables: "Categories" and "Items". Each record from "Items" is related to one of the records in "Categories".
Categories are displayed like a tree. I am using recursive query to display them (ParentId, CategoryId, CategoryTitle), so basically, they relate to themselves.
Now, lets say my categories are displayed like this:
| --- Scooters
| --- Choppers
What I want to be done is, if someone clicks on "Bikes", but there are no related records in "Items", I want it to move to next child group ("Honda" and "Yamaha"), and if still no records, then to next child ("Scooters" and "Choppers").
Basically, I don't want it to display "there are no items in selected group", because there are always records in last child.
I use MS Access database.
- Should be done in classic ASP and CLEAN code (no messy stuff)
- No external ASP components should be used
- Script execution time is max priority (database with 100,000 records)
- I will need example code (or running example just to see the script execution time) prior selecting winning bid
- Max bid should be $30
- Payment immediately (funds have been transfered to [url removed, login to view])