- Working with Work Instruction .docx files for manufacturing operators that are located in multiple folders on company network drive.
- Each of these Work Instruction files contain hyperlinks throughout that link to multiple URLs on both company’s intranet and shared network drive (mostly consisting of manufacturing procedures for operators to reference at their computer station). Sometimes a URL is used multiple times within a single Work Instruction and multiple different URLs are used within a single Work Instruction, as well.
- An External audit was performed recently and found that some hyperlinks are broken since certain files have been moved to a different URL or deleted entirely.
- Would like to create .aspx page that, when a button called “Investigate Broken Links” is clicked, (1) goes through every Work Instruction in every subfolder within a specific parent folder and lists every URL present within every work instruction (anything that contains a “N:\”, “Http”, or a “Https” in the hyperlink), and (2) clicks every link to ensure that they are working, and (3) displays these results in a gridview/table on the web form.
- Gridview/Table on webpage would have the following columns (1) Work Instruction Name, (2) full URL path, (3) Yes/No if the URL was found to be functioning or broken where the “Yes” cells are the same color as the rest of the table and the “No” cells are colored red with white text.
- If the user has a specific Windows logon name that is found in a SQL table of admin users, then allow them to make updates to links for any Work Instruction (will also be allowed to change links that aren’t broken).
- Have an additional Update function tied to button that, when clicked, would (1) update every new URL in every Work Instruction document, (2) Save a new copy of every changed .docx document into a folder created on user’s desktop called “New Work Instruction Revisions” (documents would keep the same name as before but with an additional “CHANGE COPY” at the end of the file name).
- Have a SQL table with all implemented changes logged (columns would be: record ID, name of changed Work Instruction, original URL, new URL, change date, and logon name of person that initiated change on webform). Do not include non-altered Work Instructions in change log table.
- Include message boxes when each major operation (Investigation, Updates, etc) are performed by user.
- SQL Queries cannot be contained within the HTML portion of the page (must use connection strings to read and write to SQL DB with [login to view URL] Property)
- I will have to copy code and paste into work computer to test out.
- Project will need to be completed 6 days from when it was originally assigned.
Bu iş için 30 freelancer ortalamada $599 teklif veriyor
Hi I have extensive experience working with word documents and the Microsoft ecosystem. I have developed very complex tools that extract and insert information in word documents, this using word add-ons.