2 web calendars for a Cabin Rental company
- database controlled
- Our websites are currently hosted through Godaddy which provides access to MS Sql
Rental rate calendar
- depicts rate codes for each day of the year. Viewed as monthly calendars. Please see our current website calendar to understand the visual layout ([url removed, login to view])
- current calendar shows 3 months per row. We would like the new calendar to show 4 months per row
- 6 current rate schedules: holiday, peak, seasonal, off-season, winter getaway, not used (i.e. no color coding)
- through an administrative page (password protected) should be able to change the respective rate for a day, week, or the entire month (i.e. be able to easily and quickly select a different rate for the entire month, a week, or a single day - would prefer this be through a visual selection process, not by entering dates in a field)
Individual Cabin availability calendars
- please see current availability calendars:
[url removed, login to view]
--- select "cabin availability" link on lower left area of the screen. The calendars are popup enabled and provide navigation to different cabin calendar at the top of the page. This functionality needs to be retained. It can look different but the ability to navigate needs to be there.
- 3 color codings: "open", "reserved", "blocked"
- password protected administrative page
-- edit a cabin's availability calendar based on reservation changes. this should be a visual page: select a cabin from drop-down list, select open, reserved, or blocked (check boxes), and click on the respective dates (calendar view) and and save the changes
Administrative page (password protected) to add, edit, delete, make inactive (invisible on "display" pages)
- Cabins (for the availability pages). Currently have 10 cabins but will be expanding to 30+ cabins by Summer 2008.
- Rate types(rate calendar page). Add rates, delete rates (i.e. running special pricing, etc). No dollar amounts associated with the rate types - it's just for NAMING a type of rate (i.e. Peak, off-season, etc).
- Rate colors (rate calendar page): select from a color chart (simple chart). These are associated with Rate Type (i.e. Peak = YELLOW, etc).
Towards the Summer 2008 these calendars will be incorporated within a reservation database.