We are looking for:
Musicians who are comfortable with doing piano roll transcription for both pitched and percussive instruments.
Candidates need to have both general music training and experience using MIDI editing software.
Oral Listening and transcribing skills with a good ear for music are a must.
Previous experience with Oral music transcription using MIDI editing software will be a plus point.
- Expected completion time- as per our agreement
- Quality Expectation - 95%+
- Budget - INR 15000 for the entire project but the task will be divided in 5 different milestone
- In total there will be 5 milestones and eligibility to qualify for the next milestone depends on the quality of previous milestones.
Rules to follow:
We have a set of 15 tracks (WAV file and a MIDI file which have been transcribed via automation) that need to be corrected.
The work consists of transcriptions from audio (i.e. WAV files) featuring a variety of solo instruments (including drums) to a “piano roll” representation (MIDI files). The tracks are single instrument only
Errors in the provided MIDI file could range from only a few extra notes that need to be deleted to entire sections of the music being missing.
We expect transcribers to use whatever tools work best for them. While the primary output we expect is a MIDI file with the corrected notes and timings, we would also like to receive any other files created by tools used in the transcription process (e.g., Ableton project file, Sibelius scores, etc.).
Remove notes in the MIDI file that are not in the audio file.
Add any notes to the MIDI file that are in the audio but missing from the MIDI.
Ensure that note onsets in the MIDI file appear in the same order as in the audio file. If notes in the audio file are not played at the same time, they should be similarly separated in the MIDI file.
Try to get note onsets in the MIDI file to within ~100ms of when they occur in the audio file. We recognize that for some tracks, more or less precision may be possible.
- Project NDA Signed (This will be issued later in the project)
Milestones and deadlines:
- Deadline: max 2 weeks (29th July 2022)
- The project will take on five phases per freelancer.
1. Milestone 1 - 1 Midi File
2. Milestone 2 - 2 Midi Files
3. Milestone 3 - 4 Midi Files
4. Milestone 4 - 4 Midi Files
5. Milestone 5 - 4 Midi Files