Here is a summary of the proof of concept work we want to do, which will eventually be rolled into an email auto-encryption plugin:
- Detect and intervene when sending email in Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook, and modify body and subject "just in time" before it is sent.
- Detect non-editable (e.g. read-only in inbox or outbox) email body and subject and modify them.
- Detect email subjects displayed in lists and modify them.
- Detect uploaded attachments and modify them.
- Detect downloaded attachments and modify them.
Browsers to support: Chrome, FireFox, IE 11+, Safari
Webmail sites to support: Yahoo, [url removed, login to view] (Gmail already mostly done)