Strategic Mangement Report
• You are required to produce an academic/research document maximum 3000 words
Strategic change management to capture benefits of demand change
The ever increasing volatility of business environment compels organizations to undergo changes to make use of new marketing opportunities created by demand changes. The change in demand is driven by one or more drivers each of which may vary in intensity. It is extremely important, not only to identify the drivers of demand and to measure their intensity, but also to develop strategies to change the organization: Its. Mission, Competence, Competitive advantage(s), Structure, Culture, Technology, Location, or Marketing strategy, to benefit from changes.
Identify an organization which underwent a substantial change in terms of one or more of its: Mission, Competence, Competitive advantage(s), Structure, Culture, Technology, Location, or Marketing strategy. The objective of change should be to benefit from the demand change (domestic or international). Recent cases of change (less than Five years) are most preferred.
1. Identify the critical drivers of demand change. Ex. A new regional trade pact such as SAPTA created new opportunities
2. How did the organization identify the early signs of demand change, critical drivers of demand change, and how the organization responded to benefit from the demand change? Explain the change management process, and the concepts and tools used in the change management program.
3. Explain how the new marketing opportunities and organizational change would create a new cost-output relationship? Provide a costs- benefit analysis for the new situation.
4. Make critical conclusions and provide recommendations for a better change management plan.
5. Provide a critical view of schools of thought on strategic management