need to develop a small Windows desktop canlendar that will allow me to push (or have it call in and pull) events from a master iCalendar standard server based calendar.
NOTE: I have the Host iCalendar Software and the iCalendar standard is NOT the Apple iCal application. What I need developed has nothing to do with the Apple iCal application.
There is a shareware calendar application called WinDates that is similar to what I am looking for. However, Windates has more features and coding than I need.
Windates can be downlowaded free from [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], etc.
I am not sure what language it should be written in, up to the programmer selected.
Below are some of the basic features I need and some I would like to have.
Must have features:
1) iCalendar compatible desktop applet for syncing with other server based iCalendars
2) The desktop calendar will auto-sync once a day with my server iCalendar
3) Small desktop footprint that shows if there is an event for a date (day highlighted in month view)
4) A larger monthly view with icons or text for each event with either click or mouse-over for details.
5) Basic alarm setting by event controllable by the desktop end user
6) The ability for the user to enter their own personal events (not shared)
7) The ability to enter events to be pushed to the server iCalendar for approval to share
8) Ability to subscribe to more than one iCalendar at a time
9) Auto hide calendar (to quickstart icon) if no events for that day
10) Auto pop-up calendar if pending event for that day
Like to have features:
11) Sync to and from local Outlook Calendar
12) When subscribing to multiple calendars, the ability to turn on or off the display of events by calendar (same as “Filter” in Windates).
13) When subscribed to different calendars, each calendar will have its own color for events.
14) Adjustable alarm warning times by event.
15) three or 4 small tabs that show a small text file that is updated each time the calendar is sync’d with my server based calendar. When the user clicks on the tab it displays the text for that tab.
16) View and print events by type or by date range (or both) in either calendar format or a list format by date.
17) Sync with Pocket PC and PALM PDA’s
Questions: You must answer at least on of these to get a response.
- What is your estimated cost?
- What is your extimate of time to complete?
- What calendar experience or projects have you done?
- How do you plan to communicate? Can we talk live during the project? (I am in Califoria, USA)