I need a simple, compact Direct-Chat Client application for Windows based on PSST 0.2 ([url removed, login to view]) with features found in PeerChat 2.0 ([url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]). These two applications are real direct chat clients that allow the users to connect to each other, computer to computer, without using an intermediate server to initiate or maintain the conversation.
The needed features are:
· Is not installed on the user’s machine, i.e. it can reside in an inconspicuous folder on the user’s PC (like PSST 0.2) and load itself completely when it’s selected. Alternatively, the user should be able to use the application on any computer with Internet access by loading the application from a USB flash memory, diskette, CD, etc.
· Allows fast, reliable file and folder transfer (like PeerChat2.0).
· Does not encrypt the conversation or files/folders that are transferred, i.e. remove the encryption algorithm from the PSST 0.2 code. At a later time, I may want to incorporate PGP to encrypt the conversation and files/folders that are transferred.
· Allows the connection to be established by entering the recipient’s hostname or IP address, and listening port. The user also needs to be able to send his/her IP address and listening port to an intended recipient’s email address. This means the application must be able to tell the user his/her IP address. The extensive email features in PeerChat are not necessary. This functional area of establishing the connection between direct chat clients has always been a problem to widespread use of this type of application. Any suggestions would be welcome.
The GUI can be as simple as PSST 0.2 with these additions:
· The addition of three buttons in the GUI to “Select files/folders for transfer” and “Send” them to the recipient, and “Save” a conversation. “Select…” requires the opening of a dialog box to select files/folders, and “Send” requires a notification message of a pending transfer on the recipient’s GUI and a dialog box for the recipient to accept the transfer and select where the files/folders are to be saved. The file/folder transfer features/options found in PeerChat 2.0 should be included. “Save” opens a dialog box to specify the location for the saved conversation if one hasn’t been specified in “Settings”; otherwise the files are saved at the selected location.
· Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the title bar. The GUI should open at a larger size than PSST 0.2 – e.g. 700X400 pixels (the ‘Restore Down’ size). The existing drag handles for resizing should remain on the GUI. The font on the buttons should be larger and/or the buttons should be smaller.
· The “Settings” button opens a dialog box for selecting:
1. “Your Nickname:” and “Listen on Port:” (as with PSST 0.2);
2. a system tray icon when minimized rather than the task bar (like the PeerChat option). The icon can be the customary Windows volume control icon facing left.
3. the location for saved conversations;
4. the font, size and color for the local and remote window text (like in PeerChat’s Appearance option);
5. file/folder transfer options (as found in PeerChat’s: Settings>Administration>Components>File Transfer>Settings).
Using tabs in this dialog box for selection groups is OK. For example, 1, 2, and 3 on one tab, 4 on one tab and 5 on one tab.
· The “Connect” button also tells the user his/her IP address for inclusion in an email.
The application needs to be compatible with Windows 95 to XP and operable for all languages. For example, I have found that PeerChat will not function on a Chinese language Windows system. However, this application will only be available in English. Others can rewrite it for other languages if they wish.
If you think it is better to write the application’s code from scratch and not use PSST, that’s OK. I will want the source code; this will be an open source application. I desire that the code be as simple and basic as possible with copious comments. I don’t know anything about programming, yet I want to understand the how and why of each line of code. I will need clear instructions on how to compile the source code.
This application is an ongoing personal interest and I will likely have additions, modifications and improvements to add in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
11 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 241$ teklif veriyor
Dear Sir/ Madam ------ We are a PIONEER company in Web Applications, Application development and Search Engine Optimization. Please find attached a BROCHURE of our company, [url removed, login to view], which contains all the details. We Daha fazlası
We also propose 6 month of warranty on any web-based solution that we provide so that none of our clients feel stranded in case they will face problems with the work.