3-D Mapping and Landscape Website
Project of the Caribbean
Using 3-D rendering landscape software and new 3-D satellite modeling software create realistic and colorful 3-D maps for the Caribbean Region and intergrate them into a zoom to travel and special interest site. These maps would be created at different altitude or magnification levels so that they will have zoom in capability. The zoom in will be further enhanced by selecting skins or overlays to show details based on the surfers interest areas. Skins will be selectable to show tourist attractions locations and click through for booking details or company profiles.
I can provide interested parties with the location to download the modeling software if interested.
Software Capability Required:
Microsoft .NET technology for rapid development and to easily access open standards such as XML, WMS, and other graphics standards. Real-time 3D graphics are driven by DirectX allowing a wide base of compatibility with accelerated video hardware.
• Create 3-D Bryce type colorful maps based on true island and mainland shapes and scale of the Caribbean region and gulf of Mexico
• 1 top level view from highest altitude for entire Caribbean Region
• 4 total 1 each of N,W,S,E, Sub-Regions of Caribbean whole areas closer view
• With Zoom to capability for entire individual Islands
• With Zoom to capability for entire individual Island cities
• With Zoom to capability for individual entire Mainland countries
• With Zoom to capability for entire individual Mainland cities
• Create high detail landscapes of individual Islands including the most popular cities and the bay and port areas of note including 3-D detail with appropriate coloring for beach area, foliage, waterfalls or distinct valleys upon zoom in.
• Whole Islands Zoom In detail areas covered in first project will include Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Bahamas(3 major Islands) majors, Virgin Islands(3 major Islands)
• Whole countries Mainland Zoom In detail areas for 3-D mapping will be Costa Rica, Belieze, Cancun, Cartagena Colombia, and Panama
Total Maps in Initial Phase of Project
• 1 total Caribbean whole area including surrounding mainland areas
• 4 total 1 each of N,W,S,E, Regions of Caribbean whole area closer view
• 10 Islands whole Island 3-D view as listed above
• 30 major tourist City Zoom view in for Islands
• 20 major tourists City Zoom view for mainland areas
• 10 Zoom in High detail natural attractions (such as valley of 1000 waterfalls in DR)
• 5 types of selectable skin overlay for each City Zoom (nightlife, historical, nature, hotel, beaches)
Map transition specifications
• Zoom in needs attractive realistic flash transition to next zoom level and an impressive transition
• Mouse pass over balloons with click for next zoom, to show city name or famous site
• Click to zoom after ghost balloon tells what’s under mouse
• Links for specific cities zoom level to city menu items for booking travel or searching regional interest areas in travel site
• Menu that shows only certain categories of sights or activities such as bar locations or historic locations
Phase 1 of this project that should be great for right for the graphic designer that wants to be the champion of Bryce 3-D type work and get better with the new 3-D geographical modeling free ware from NASA which should create many true to life wire frames quickly for this project.