This is an OpenSource Community Project but I'm paying for it from my own pocket because no one is willing to give up their time in kind these days to build a program which shall benefit the world over...what has the world come to? :-()
THIS PROJECT REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF PYTHON, WXPYTHON & UNICODE. ;-)
All I require help building the core of the application, the parts that I simply cannot do (see Sikher Features attached). I have all the resources I need for this project to succeed and I'll be helping you all the way through it.
The program itself called Sikher is meant to be a searching software to search and display parts of religious scriptures from the Sikh faith. The project involves working with Unicode text and to display it in an asthetically pleasing way.
Here is a link to a similar software called SikhiToTheMax. You must download all 3 files for the Setup to work:
[url removed, login to view];f=%2FSikhiToTheMax
The aim is to build on the concept of SikhiToTheMax program which is primitive, dated, of low functionality, ugly and incomplete and make a whole new application from ground up which far exceeds the functionality of SikhiToTheMax and is cross-platform (using Python and WxPython) and highly functional.
Here is the link to the Sikher Open Source website:
[url removed, login to view]
Here is the link to the current Sikher Scope:
[url removed, login to view]
I don't think this program is overly difficult to build, however I have no previous coding experience other than in HTML, XHTML and CSS. I look forward to working with you and shall provide you all the additional support you require!!! I shall talk to you more in detail on this issue if I accept your bid.
1) Complete source code should be committed to the CVS respository of Sikher held at Sourceforge. It is my responsibility to provide you with the necessary details on accessing the repository.
2) Source code should be built using the latest builds of Python and WxPython and any other required Python libraries like, for example, GetText.
3) The Coder should make brief notes on how the application was developed and how it all works together.
4) The Coder should leave brief comments in all the Python files.
5) It is expected of the Coder to complete all the Sikher Version 1.0 Features (found in the attached file) other than the noted exceptions fully.
6) The Coder should be aware that additional features may be requested as the project develops whilst others may be taken away
7) Once the Coder has completed this contract the Sikher Software shall solely be licensed under the Open Source GNU General Public License (GPL)
Once the Coder has completed this contract the Sikher Software shall solely be licensed under the Open Source GNU General Public License (GPL).
No additional support required from Coder after project is fully complete. Once the Coder has completed all the required deliverables he/she shall be paid in full and depending on the quality of work even given a bonus. In fact, I shall provide the Coder with all the support he/she needs and guide them in the right direction all the way if they need it!!!