DDK must be developed for WinXP,2000,2003 client.
this project may involve the IFS Kit
a good idea about this project can be realized from the "MiniSpy Filter" sample that comes with the IFS kit for DDK.
1) application needs to recieve I/O information about file writing operation to disk (file system)
2) every write operation (of the file) must be loged (to an external log file) with the following information:
* DateTime of write operation
* name of the file (full path) that system is writing (or changing)
* new bytes that are written to hard disk, in the write operation
* position of the bytes in the file
3) Must "spy" on files the reside on local Hard disk and Network shared directory (which runs same OS)
project does NOT need GUI but,
MUST be highley reliable and fault tolerant.
the detection of file changes must be in real-time, not in a "file-Scan" operation.
copyright and source-code delivery is expected