I need a program written to run on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. All source code must be included in the completed project.
The user interface for the product is to be written using the Cocoa framework. Objective-C is the preferred language, but Python, Java, or other Cocoa capable languages may be acceptable if you can make a good case for it.
Any third-party shared libraries that need to be used must be open source, and I need to know about them as soon as possible.
This product must be able to do the following:
1) Play an Matroska (MKV) video file. There needs to be the standard controls: Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Fast Reverse, and a progress bar with a player head that can be used to take the move to particular spot. There should also be a display of the player head's current time code.
2) It must be able to read the Chapter file (if one exists) contained in the MKV file. There should be buttons to allow skipping ahead and back between chapters.
3) Somewhere on the UI, the chapter title and time code start of the chapter (separate from the time code above) should be displayed.
4) For the current chapter, there should be a way to edit its start time code.
5) There should be a way to delete the capter
6) There should be a way to insert a new chapter and give it a title.
Except for the chapters, this is strictly a player. No video or audio editing is required.