Write a small PowerPoint Add-in in .NET C# 4.0 which allows to format the currently selected line shape (MsoShapeType=MsoLine) with "Cap type" = "Square" (see attached screeshot).
The cap type of a line shape cannot be set through the PowerPoint object model - at least not that I know.
- Microsoft Active Accessibility API (MSAA, see [url removed, login to view])
- Microsoft UI Automation (see [url removed, login to view]%28v=[url removed, login to view]%[url removed, login to view])
- Other ideas welcome, however, all of the requirements below must be met
- Working with PowerPoint 2007, 2010, 2013
- Documented source code in .NET C# 4.0
- Very stable solution, independent from UI language
- Windows API / pInvoke is allowed
- 3rd party / non-standard components are NOT allowed
- Using the clipboard is NOT allowed (pasting a line with cap type "square" from a template would be easy, but this is a workaround I don't like)
- Saving, closing and reopening the current presentation is NOT allowed (editing the XML directly would be easy, but this is a workaround I don't like)
- 50% for working demo (e.g. compiled code, video, live demo through screen sharing...)
- 50% for documented source code
Within next 2 weeks