Choose a product of commercial interest that is produced through a bioprocess and purified using bioseparation unit operations. Let me know if you have any questions during the office hours!
1. Choose a compound (small molecule or macromolecule) that is of commercial interest and produced by a bioprocess.
2. Find out how the compound is produced and purified using trustworthy resources such as journals, books, patents. Citations from manufacturer’s websites are acceptable as well.
a. Explain the biological production of the compound by the organism
b. Outline the downstream separations that are used to purify the product
3. Organize your results into a scheme for isolating and purifying the product using unit operations.
4. Perform a mass balance on the overall process. Calculate the overall yield and purity. Use values found in literature for yield or make assumptions based on text or other resources.
April 20th – oral presentations due
Each person will give a short presentation to the class summarizing the information in the written report. Each presentation will be no more than 5 minutes long. Presentations will be given on 20th, 22nd and 27th. The detailed list of the presentation day assignments will be provided later.
April 20th – written report due, uploaded to D2L
The final written report should be no more than 1 page, single spaced (excluding reference page). It must be in .pdf format provided and must contain:
a. Brief description of product, including how is it made, by what organism(s), etc.
b. Uses, commercial value.
c. Justification for commercial bioproduction – why is bioprocess necessary or desirable?
2. Description of bioseparation process.
a. Description of each unit operation and what is achieved by that step.
3. Mass balance of overall downstream process with assumptions explained
a. How much product would be obtained after certain concentration made in bioreactor, incorporating yields for each unit operation.
4. Discussion of alternative process(es) – if any.
5. References, at least 3 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Additional information regarding presentations:
• The quality of your slides. They should be clear, professional, and lacking typos. If you give a presentation in a professional setting and your slides contain typos, or strange design elements this damages your presentation.
Bioseparation Process I AM ONE OF THE BEST AND AFFORDABLE FREELANCER WITH 1024+ REVIEWS (4.8/5). I HAVE MORE THAN 12 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN RESEARCH WRITING, ESSAYS, DISSERTATION & THESIS, ARTICLE WRITING, ETC. IT MEA Daha Fazla
Bu iş için 3 freelancer ortalamada $17 teklif veriyor
Hello client, I have gone through your project specification you have provided and are doable for me. I am a professional writer and would like to work on your project. You will get your work done fast and accurately, Daha Fazla
Having experience in paper writing I think I am eligible for the job. I have a review paper in progress. Thus this job is not anything new to me.