Client owns a ColdFusion based website that requires some upgrades/modifications. Prior subcontractors (three, total) have dropped the ball completely - not because the work is difficult, but merely because they cannot seem to manage their own time and professionalism.
The chosen freelancer will be expected to do the following:
1. Download all code and be able reverse engineer relevant areas of the existing site quickly, to gain a general understanding of the code at work;
2. Review all open tickets in our ticketing system, as opened by the client. Tickets have all history of contact with the client, which should make coming-up-to-speed for each request easier;
3. Communicate DAILY with the client via the ticketing system, review ticket priorities as each is completed to ensure that work is being completed in the client's desired order, set deadlines for each ticket, and meet those deadlines with consistency;
4. Write clean, intelligent ColdFusion and SQL, directly related to the requested task in the ticket; without over-complicating the task or making sweeping changes to the codebase at large;
5. Speak clear and intelligible US English, and treat the client with respect and dignity at all times, with a strong understanding of US/Canadian culture and expectations;
6. Ask questions of me directly and freely, to discuss ideas and engineering decisions of any importance.
This is ColdFusion, not rocket science -- while the existing code was inherited by our company and may not be perfectly organized by today's standards, it is functional and has performed well in production. Client requests are neither unreasonable or complex in nature. We simply need a coder for this specific client that can get the job done without expecting a fortune per hour, with a positive attitude and work ethic.
There are presently 14 open tickets in our system from this client; NONE appear overly complex; more time may be spent coming up to speed with the client than actually completing the tickets. For the right person, making this client happy could mean additional work in the future.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $622 for this job
Hi i am having strong experience in coldfusion technology. Also having good skill for problem solving. you can check my proifile in PMB. I am willing to work on your projects. Priyank patel
I have many years of experience maintaining large ColdFusion applications that I did not originally code. I am a US citizen and native English speaker so I can effectively communicate with the client.