Description: Media Company is currently seeking to add freelance editors to our staff. Each editor will be assigned a magazine publication(s) to be the managing editor. We will in the right case assigned more than one magazine to one editor with the same or similar focused title. The editor will work with freelance writes, designers in development of the magazine issue to be launched. The editor will work with the media companys views on each publication to achieve the best result.
Editors responsibilities are as follow:
1. Help develop and execute editorial calendar and media kit.
2. Supervise freelance writers and assignments.
3. Work with the media company, also editorial team, art director and production manager to produce high-quality content in a timely fashion.
[url removed, login to view] develop, populate and maintain a companion Web site and e-newsletters.
5. Review, edit, and approve all final content for the assigned magazine.
6. Maintain duties until official editor takes over.
1. At least two - three years professional experience on a magazine staff or editorial staff (senior/feature/managing editor or editor).
2. Strong feature and news and topic writing skills.
3. Strong copy editing, organizational and communications skills.
We are looking for editors who have experience in or have strong personal interest in the following topic areas:
Food & Beverage
Organic Food & Lifestyle
Consumer Market & Products
Mens Fashion, Social, and Lifestyle
Womens Fashion, Social, and Lifestyle
Child Fitness, Health & Education
Health, Fitness, & Well being
Latin/ Hispanic Lifestyle
Technology, Internet, Web Business
Business, Economics, and Politics
Music, Celebrity, and Entertainment Industry
Compensation and Commitment:
Thhis position will be for the right candidates who have the time, and interest in having an in print on new national focused magazine publications.
This will be a contract position with the Media Company. Contracts will last between One to Three (1 - 3 months ) or until the official editor has taken over development for the magazine. Compensation will hinge on several factors, which will be defined during contract agreement. This is a contracted position so the company will not offer and benefits with this position. Again we would only like to work with people who can complete task assigned, have great communication, and someone who meets budgets and provide great work and works well with others.