We have some PC software which has been written in house. The software ('The Planner') needs re-compiling to run on Mac OS. We need a C++ development system setting up in a MAc environment to enable us to re-compile the PC version.
A consultant is required to set up a C++ software development system on a Mac (running OSX 10.9 Mavericks) along with the cross-platform frameworks and libraries we have been using on the PC. The consultant will have experience of C++ development in a Mac OSX environment, Qt, VTK, ITK and CMake and OpenSSL.
The consultant will:
1. Ensure a C++ development environment is correctly set up.
2. Integrate the Qt framework and tools into the development environment.
3. Make and build the ITK library within the development environment and ensure that it correctly functions.
4. Make and build the VTK library within the development environment and ensure that it correctly functions.
5. Make and build the OpenSSL library within the development environment and ensure that it correctly functions.
6. Import the Planner source code to the Mac from the current PC development environment.
7. Build the Planner code and ensure that it compiles and links correctly with the QT framework, ITK, VTK and OpenSSL library.
8. Provide advice on Mac equivalent directory locations to Windows directory locations – in particular, Mac equivalents to:
a. Temporary data folders
c. C:/Program Files
9. Advise on other differences between Mac and Windows that are necessary to provide a functioning system (e.g. any Windows/Visual Studio specific code, file locations, etc. that needs modifying).
10. Provide a method of building installation software to allow the software + data to be distributed and installed by end users.