The project entails writing a Windows XT and Vista compatible program that will perform the following functions via a PC connected to a USB fax modem (or a similar device):
1. When the phone rings, an icon in the icon tray will flash.
2. When the user clicks the icon, the software will answer the phone, connect the phone line to the user's computer speakers, and play over both the computer speakers and the telephone line an MP3 file we supply, File 0.
3. A menu will automatically be displayed on the user's screen displaying each of 9 phrases we supply and a disconnect icon, with each phrase and the disconnect displayed on a different line on the screen. The phone line remains connected to the user's speakers so that the user can hear the caller talking. If the user has a microphone, the microphone will be operable for talking to the caller at any time (either all the time or except when one of the MP3 files are being played)
4. As the user clicks a phrase, an MP3 file we supply corresponding to that phase is played over the user's speakers and over the phone line. So if the user selects phrase 1, file 1 is played. If the user selects phrase 9, file 9 is played.
5. The menu remains displayed, the phone line continues to be connected to the user's speakers, and the user can repeat step 4, selecting the same or a different phrase until the user clicks the disconnect icon, at which point the fax modem disconnects from from the telephone line, the menu is no longer displayed, and the system goes back to monitoring the phone line for ringing at step 1.
You will assign all right title and interest in and to the program to us. It will be provided with installation capabilities and uninstall capabilities, free from any spyware or viruses. Payment is not provided in advance.