Ok I've had a quickish look at the website and there are still a few functionality issues that need fixing (before we get to the graphic design elements):
Here is a list of the most obvious:
- Search function does not work
- Remove the Quantity figure (in brackets) after the brand names in the "any Manufacturer" drop down box
- Remove the Quantity figure (in brackets) next to the categories in the Category drop down box.
- Change the title of the first drop down box top right of the main page to "Shop by Item Category" rather than "Portable PA Systems".
- Change the title of the second drop down box to "Shop by Brand" rather than "Any Manufacturer"
- Virtuemart default product viewing order by price high to low
- Buy Now or Order Now = still need to figure out a way to do this (this was a main element of our requirements)
- Main Header still needs a graphic or something in the middle other than just the logo on the left and phone number etc on the right.
- very odd shadowing on many of the shop products heading looks like the Manufacturer Brand info below the title eg: [url removed, login to view]
- many of the shop products thumbnail images have changed to spread into the space - eg: some of the Electric Guitar images and then in the product details the image is larger again (although the larger image is smaller than the thumbnail! eg: [url removed, login to view]
- every time you click on a link the whole page clears and then refreshes - shouldn't the header etc be static and it's only the content that should refresh when you click a link? that is how our current site operates and is much quicker to load.
- Ordering information: we will need to sort this out, I would leave the site if I had to try and navigate through the ordering process currently! Our current site is quite easy to navigate in the ordering section. New site Currently doesn't default to FREE Shipping for orders over $199 and also only gives Credit Card via Paypal as a payment option. Also is a bit messy in this area and doesn't seem so straight forward. Seems there are a number of options missing here.
- there is a checkbox next to the Order button on the ordering page however there is no text next to it - it asked to "accept the terms & Conditions before ordering" which are not listed anywhere else other than a blank checkbox.
- paypal payment takes you to a [url removed, login to view] login (I've never seen this before!)
I am sure there are more but these are the most obvious as I checked out the site.
Let me know how you go.