We need the following changes and additions:
1) The whole systems needs to be much better documented. Also document the installation (if we want to put on another server).
2) The whole configuration should be done in ONE configuration file. You can then use this file to adjust the configuration for the different components.
3) There should be ONE command to start/stop/reload the system. It should be possible to run this as a service
4) There should be improved logging options and logging should be done to one file. It should be possible to define a log level in the configuration from 0 (no logging) to 10 (full debug log/everything) . Logs shoudl be rotated automatically.
4a) if not already there, I would like to add the following to the logs:
- IP of VPN connection (after establishing VPN)
- Incoming requests (with timestamp)
5) Each VPN connection should be checked if it is workign before adding it to the pool. If not responsive then start another VPN connection.
6) In addition to the amount of requests, we shoudl also be able to configure a maximum lifetime for a VPN connection (e.g. 1 Minute). If either the request count orr the life time duration has been reached, the connection should be redialed.
7) We should check for specific "bad" status codes (302,500). If we get a bad status code back, then the VPN connection needs to be redialed. The bad status codes shoudl be configurable in the config file.
8) I need authentication (username/password) for the proxy. Should be configurable in the config file.
Please estimate effort and let me know when you could do this. (earlier is better)
I put in $250 and 7 days, but could adjust depending on your estimates.