We have a software project that we think might be similar to projects you’ve done in the past, and might match your company’s skill set. Since we haven’t worked together on a project, we’d like to hire you to review the documents related to the main project and provide feedback as to the project, how you’d do it, and how long you think it would take.
So we are clear, the project we are hiring you for is to review the documents, provide feedback based on the questions we have provided below. We are not hiring you for the actual project at this time. Based on your answers to the questions, the length of time you think this project would take, your cost to do the project, and your demonstrated skill set to handle the project we would then consider you for the main project, and if we think you are the right partner we would send out a new request for the new project. I'll upload the files separately and access to our database structure.
For the current project, please review the attached documents and answer the following questions,
1. Do the attached documents give clear directions on the desired outcome for the main project?
a. If not, please provide the questions you’d need answered to accurately plan this project
2. Do the attached documents provide enough information for you to provide an accurate length of time to complete the work?
a. If not, please provide the additional information you’d need to provide an accurate time estimate.
3. Are the MySql project documents similar in scope to projects you have done previously?
a. Would you be able to provide samples of projects both in requirements and scope similar to the one outlined in the attached documents?
4. Based on the attached documents, do you see any potential problems with the project as outlined? (These might include timelines, technology, software expertise, etc)
a. If so, please provide documentation as to the nature of the problems and alternatives so we could complete the project, based on your concerns
5. Do you have experience with the following software & processes? If yes, please describe your experience in detail for each item,
b. JASPER ETL (This is not a requirement as a custom solution might work instead)
c. JASPER REPORTING SERVER (Not a requirement as custom solution might work instead)
d. iREPORTS (For JASPER) (Not a requirement as a custom solution might work instead)
e. Writing complex queries for performing database operations
f. Writing detailed, clear, user friendly documents in English
g. Writing clear code level comments for routines
h. Creating USER Friendly dashboards (web interface)
6. Please provide background on your company, length of time in service, location, #employees
7. Would we have a dedicated project manager?
8. Qualifications of the Project Manager to be assigned to the main project?
9. Qualifications of other members of the team to be assigned to the main project?
10. Could you provide an ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the main project? Describe your capability to do so including examples of similar work performed.
11. Is your firm experienced in working on projects which require the careful handling of secure information? What security measures do you take to safeguard your client’s data? What type of security (data,physical) will be provided based on the main project requirements?