This project involves development of a simple sales/invoice component where a customer receives an online invoice in PDF format after filling out some information on a web page. More specifically, the data input by the customer should be validated before proper business rules are applied. In this assignment, we use one business rule: delivery fee consists of a fixed amount of $1000 per truck plus a variable amount depending on variable hourly rates and delivery times. Some deliveries may involve multiple time-zones and different hourly rates. Appendix A lists the hourly rates varying according to time, dates and locations; and Appendix B lists Australian public holidays. Additionally a complete list of Australian post codes is provided on CloudDeakin for your reference needed to estimate the distances between origin and destination.
You will need to create an ASP .NET website with one web form. On this web form (e.g. “Default.aspx”), there should be at least the following controls:
• Several “TextBox” controls for inputting user’s name, delivery addresses (origin and destination), post codes for the delivery addresses, billing address phone number, delivery date and time, the number of trucks to hire.
• Several “Label” controls to indicate the compulsory input fields and error messages.
• A CSS component.
• A reference to the DLL file which generates PDF files.
• And a “Button” control to submit the data.
In the C# file associated with the form (e.g., “Default.aspx.cs”), you should write a piece of C# code to implement the following actions:
1. Retrieve the user input and place them into appropriate variables.
2. Implement the business rules according to different time, days and locations.
3. Apply the business rules for each truck hiring case.
4. Derive the amount to charge and its GST.
5. Generate a unique invoice number.
6. Generate a PDF file with the invoice number, your business address, customer’s billing address, current system time, the invoice items (i.e., how many trucks), promised delivery date and time, total cost and GST.
Additionally, in order to demonstrate the correctness of your implementation of the business rule, you should include a few sample invoice PDF files which include the following cases:
• Multiple trucks are hired to deliver goods across two adjacent states.
• A delivery takes more than 6 days to complete.
• A delivery made during Easter holiday (Good Friday, the following Saturday, Sunday and Monday) in 2014.