- I will keep the presentation as short as possible, but at the same time, as informative as possible.
Attached below, you can find screenshots of my current live portfolio, started on the 7th of March.
- Now, a bit about my strategy : I only look at US stocks, US sectors, gold and oil.
Trades are swing-style position trades and can take anywhere from a week to a couple of months to play out (this all depends on how the overall market is moving and what the individual sector, that the stock is in, is performing).
I monitor the positions and sectors daily and make adjustments before the market closes.
- Risk control/management : One of the most important things in this business, and I've gotten better and better at it over time, which could be shown by the % losses/position I was getting in the beginning, compared to now. Why do I pay so much attention to it ?
Because we, the traders/investors, don't have control over the upside (how far a stock will go), and no one does.... but if we can control our drawdown (% loss) then we can significantly lower the overall risk and exposure, and thus actually increase the returns over the year by quite a lot.
- Asset allocation in the real account : spread out between the following sectors : Consumer Staples, Industrials, Financials, Healthcare, Communication Services, Utilities and Technologies, like stated above, I am looking at all the sectors daily, but my strategy is designed to look only for undervalued opportunities, so the upside potential is bigger.
- Right now, I am using stops set at 5-10% drawdon/per position and targets are anywhere between 15-50%/position.
If we take a 100.000$ example, and 1%/position allocated (1000$/position opened) then the stop loss or drawdown/position would be 50-100$ and the targets and take profits would be 150-500$, again, per position.
Note : All these numbers can be adjusted based on risk apetite and leverage, these are numbers that I personally use most of the time.
- More on the Portfolio from the screenshots : Current profit stands at around +1.8% and equity is at +1.3%, these numbers could've been higher, but as you may have seen, some of the US sectors were selling off recently, hence you can see a few positions that have hit their stops in the screenshots.
- I have another track record from September 2020, those trades are done on a demo account and the returns are currently over 500% (there are opened positions in that account running in profit, so I'm not adding the % gain from those), more info on it and screenshots can be provided upon request.
- Let me know if you have interest in my strategy so we can move forward, work together and both benefit. Reach out via this
[Removed by Freelancer.com Admin for offsiting - please see Section 13 of our Terms and Conditions]
Thank you for reading and take care,